2.03.2009

the bachelor and facebook.

so on friday i got a bizarre voicemail from the owner of the company saying he wanted me to join him in a meeting in 30 min. friday being the super busy day that it was, made me instantly irritated and confused with this request, and i approached him asking what it was all about. after several longish pauses and awkward distant glances, he mentioned something about a "bachelor" and how we were going to talk to this bachelor soon. 

i quickly realized it was the bachelor that is viewed monday's on abc. gross that i know this, but google is my bff. 

nonetheless, after a couple of girls fluffed their hair and checked their makeup in the event that the bachelor may glance their way, whip a rose out of his jacket and call the whole reality-tv-thing off, i met this so-called bachelor. it was bizarre, and i've never been involved in such a meeting disguised of business and pleasure. and having never seen this single suitor on tv or elsewhere, i found him yes, overly tanned, but definitely tv-charming. 

oddly enough, after this 30-minute meeting, i've exchanged a couple of emails with him and his partner. while i won't get into what our meeting entailed, i offered a tacky-yet-hilarious suggestion for facebook for his business plan, which gets me to my second point.

i'm back on facebook. i spent around a year talking shit about it and not missing its presence in my online social networking pastimes, but i'm totally digging it now. let's just forget about those people who i find in my friend list that i don't even recall sharing conversations with, because whatever, that's beside the point. i still don't even get why or how i can play the oregon trail with my network or wtf a hottie rating is. perhaps i'm just not meant to be a facebook pro. is it time to say goodbye to myspace though? i mean, that little notifications icon on the lower right nav bar is my fave feature and possibly the only reason i'm so hooked. 

ehh. i still need to work-proof my facebook or create one of those limited profiles. i wouldn't care, but my group membership in "vagina motherfuckers" may be seen as unprofessional to some. 

No comments: