11.08.2008

i do love irony.

it seems as if my obama buzz has faded. that's not to say i'm not still dancing inside because our world--my world--is going to change, but i suppose the awe factor has internalized. or perhaps it's taking a little cat nap.

i've been spending a lot of time in other places. mental spaces.
and this sad-sad-sadness has washed away my passion. and spunk--if it ever truly existed.

you know me. at least, i hope you do, deep down.
i am not sitting around knitting a scarf with this lovely, dark and mysteriously forbidden wool. in fact, i despise this wool and what it has done to me.
please.
please.
please.
the irony of all of this--this so-called life that i refuse to admit is mine--is that i just want to be happy. at the end of the day. that's it.

let's forget about tomorrow.
and i'll forget about my scarf.

No comments: