11.14.2008

the cat woman.

this morning, last night and at least the past four years of my human existence, i've been worried about the very likely possibility that i will become the dreaded cat woman.

oh, you know. the cat woman, who takes up the whole aisle in the grocery store with her very full and very embarrassing cart of cat litter.

the cat woman, who thinks her silent sidekick is secretly learning how to be obedient by responding to commands such as "breakfast" and "bedtime."

the cat woman who refuses to get rid of any fleece blankets, in the event that her choosey friend decides she needs a new (but similar) source of comfort.

but, after a brief moment of terrifying images of stretch pants and overpriced kitty condos, i remind myself that there is still time. i can still snap out of this. i am not destined to high five the small light-orange paw of my four-legged friend for the rest of my life.

at the same time, i quite enjoy all of my quirky photos of pickles in various settings of luxury and play. i really do find it amusing that she is learning tricks and calms to the sound of my voice when i tell her to "relaxi taxi." and i live for the comfort of her reassuring little motor that hums in my ear, every night, at "bedtime."

at this moment, i truly see nothing wrong with being a (cat)lover.

so you can have your small brand named chihuahua bags and truffle-shaped dog treats. and i'll have my pickle.

1 comment:

. said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a cat lover!

And, I bet Pickles could take one of those tiny chihuahuas any day of the week!

Have a great weekend!