12.06.2008

i have a confession.

so. for those of you who are blessed with my unusually sarcastic and half-glass-empty presence these days (okay, months), i've noticed something. it's sick and i don't really want to tell you--but i think i like you--so i'll let you in on my little somethin-somethin.

i think darkness is my fuel. sure sure, it's ugly and makes me not-so-nice of a person, but i've noticed it boosts my creativity. and i'm not talking about those garlic necklaces i've been stringing together, i'm talking about me. how i'll be pissed at my douche-of-a-supervisor and all of a sudden i am in the bathroom--thinking about the ugly tiles on the wall and how they must have been on sale when they were constructing the building--and i realize i should really be a cartoonist. how my snappy wit would be charming if accompanied by a nice doodle. stick figure. what-have-you.

so when i think about my game plan, that plan that has me, i worry about this. i don't want to lose my essence. i don't want to look over, and all of a sudden have my glass of starfruit juice be half-full.

perception is important to me. and i'm concerned about what that means for next year.

some things are just more important.

3 comments:

. said...

I like what you say and how you say it. I just say be true to you, because when the glass is half full, it's also still half empty, and vice-versa. ;)

tea said...

thanks, i'm glad. it's an odd preference (to some), but i guess i'm afraid of losing myself in this sea of self improvement and new year's resolutions. maybe i should just boycott this whole calendar system? ;)

Mac said...

I think this is very true of anyone with a creative flair. I say embrace it, just don't ever let the darkness take over and you will be fine.